Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another big day!

As planned, the nasal cannula was discontinued early this morning. Feedings went really well during the night-- so well that I only got about 3 hrs of sleep. The IV nutrition was discontinued late this morning because of his great breastfeeding. I was able to give Aaron his first bath, unfortunately I was alone at the time so I wasn't able to get any pictures. After his bath he was upgraded to a normal crib-- clearing the warmer out of the room. YAY!!



Micah was able to visit again today- this is her 4th time seeing her new brother. She is thrilled with the baby. I asked her what the baby's name was and she quickly replied, "ELMO!". Too bad the birth certificate is already filed.



Aaron is finally our normal baby. I can't begin to imagine how families cope with NICU stays lasting weeks and months. Our 7-day tour was quite enough. We anticipate going home Saturday afternoon-evening sometime.



Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers for our family and our precious baby boy. I truly believe that without our faith this small bump in the road would not have passed so smoothly.

No comments: