Friday, July 24, 2009

My little 2-ring circus.

I've decided not to send out birth announcements-- mainly because I'm not satisfied with the results of my several attempts to get some baby pictures. Sorry to all of you running to your mailbox every afternoon hoping to see some adorable pictures of my child. I'll show you what I've been able to get-- they're still cute, but not the drop-dead-gorgeous baby photos I had envisioned.




Adjusting to life with a second child hasn't been the circus I had thought it would be. Don't get me wrong- I definitely feel like I'm running a zoo sometimes, but I chalk that up to the crazy 2-year-old living with me. From the moment Micah's little eyelids open in the morning she is ready to go bye-bye. And, while she was an only-child, we usually did have some place to go or something to do. Now that her little brother has entered the scene she can't seem to understand why we're not conquering all the end-of-summer-sales at the Castleton Mall.... oh, how I wish we could!!! Playing with "bubblef" and going to the park are only fun the first 15 minutes, or however long it takes Aaron to realize he is hungry.... again.

The last 4 weeks and been a whirlwind- a little stressful, but a lot of wonderful. My baby boy has gained a little over 2 pounds already!! He weighed 9lbs 11oz a couple of days ago and is starting to outgrow some of his newborn clothes. He's looking like a little man- complete with a beautiful pair of blue eyes to compete with his sister's.


Speaking of that little girl- here's what Aaron thinks of her....

No comments: